CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT OF OUR ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE
To monitor the performance of individual ships and our fleet over time, among other measures, we use the Energy Efficiency Operational Indicator (EEOI) tool, as set out in the IMO Guideline MEPC.1/circ.684. Our EEOI analyses show that we have significantly reduced our carbon dioxide emissions per metric tonne of cargo moved on a per mile basis. To meet forthcoming EEXI compliance we are collaborating with engine builders like Hyundai and MAN ES to retrofit Engine Power Limiting Devices on our vessels as a short term compliance solution and further opting for more greener technologies to upgrade our vessels to meet more stringent IMO future requirements.
As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company accredited by Bureau Veritas, GHN is committed to adhering to the requirements of the international management code for the safe operations of vessels, pollution prevention and environmental control including compliance with all the applicable international laws, regulations and requirements.
Gulf Navigation’s vessels routinely maintain the following Certificates in compliances with MARPOL:
- International Anti-Fouling Certificate
- International Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate
- International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate
- International Air Pollution Prevention Certificate
- Sanitation Control Certificate
- Garbage Pollution Prevention Certificate
- Certificate of Compliance for Inventory of Hazardous Materials
- Confirmation of Compliance for DCS
GNH PJSC endeavors to demonstrate its commitment to environmental protection and the effectiveness and the compliance of its Environmental Management System (EMS) with the MARPOL and ISO 14001 standards requirements. Furthermore, we follow the International Safety Management – ISM Code for safe ship operation and pollution prevention.
For this purpose, GNH has established, documented, and implemented an Environment Management System designed to comply with the upmost national and international requirements.